Wednesday, August 13, 2008

a night into memory...


So after years of singing his songs in my car or waking up in the morning with his melodies in my head i FINALLY got to go to a Jack Johnson concert. WHAT an amazing feeling. The atmosphere, the people, weather, music......just perfect!
I just love going to a concert where you can sing along to EVERY song, not just a few known HITS. but EVERY song. might have been annoying to my friends and fellow lawners, but most of them were probably too drunk or were doing the same thing. As the sunset behind us....my friends and I sat on our blankets, with our local micro-brewed beer....chatting, laughing and getting to know one another (since we just met them in the parking lot).....and when Jack came on everyone got up and started to sing a long in a mellow toned voice. relaxed. chill. and having the best time.














I fell in love with Jack Johnson's music in the spring of 05'. I would drive up every weekend from my internship at Longwood Gardens to visit my friend in the hospital after a bad car accident. I woke up at his Uncle's house with Jack Johnson playing on the CD player in the kitchen, grab my coffee and just sit and mentally prepare for the day at rehab. So I bought his In Between Dreams album for the hetic 4 hour drive(one way) and while sitting in traffic in the Jersey Turnpike I would be rocking side to side, singing along with a big smile on my face....so relax that it probably pissed the people in the next car off even more. but...His music just does that too you.....puts you in a good mood.

I love how music, in general can put you in different moods, can make you remember a certain event, or bring back a certain feeling. It can bring you down or make you happy, relax your soul or boost you up for a work-out.

If you want to feel all around. GOOD. happy. relaxed and smile through every song........listen to my man, Jack!

No comments: